Our Fixer Upper

Our Fixer Upper

Monday, February 16, 2015

Laundry 2.0


Oh lookie, things I look at every single time I walk into my house.



So, beggars can't be choosers.  We bought a house without a basement.  Therefore I'm forced to look at my water heater and softener each time I enter my home from the garage. However, I'm thankful that we have them, because when I bought the house, we didn't. Of course I don't have a "before" picture of the laundry room because it had no lighting and then I just plain forgot.  Managed to grab a few of these just after the first coat of paint.  Benjamin Moore's Hepplewhite Ivory is the color used here.  We stole this "neutral" color from a friend of ours because it's clean, simple and happy.  Which is how I feel when I walk into my home.

Did I also mention I have an unhealthy addiction to board and batten?

I love old homes, the ones with all the "character".  But my husband hates them.  He sees behind the "character" as knob and tube wiring and old corroded plumbing.  So we found a happy medium.  We can have a "newish" home with old world design.  And after our most recent project, I think he will never ever do another board and batten again.  I might have pushed the envelope too far.  


It's a long narrow hall, with no good useable storage space.  

So I fixed the lack of storage with a plethora of hooks
(See, I knew that board and batten would come in handy)


My stud muffin



The storage wall is complete
(I know what season it is by what hangs on these hooks)


Never had a utility sink before



Did I also mention my love of subway tile?

Ikea holders (currently used for paint brushes at all times)

Handy Hubby made a bench for washer and dryer so I can have more storage

No room is complete without pics of my kids in laundry baskets.

Silly sign, but true.
 So that's it for the long narrow, formally empty laundry room.  Eventually I'll put down new tile, but that's pretty far down the list.  Now it's time for some toilets.... priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment