Our Fixer Upper

Our Fixer Upper

Friday, August 14, 2015

Exterior Facelift



Well hello there beautiful. I absolutely love driving around the bend and see this place now. The curb appeal is finally complete. 

This entry has literally nothing to do with us. The most difficult thing we did with this was write a check. And of course pick a paint color. 

But I knew exactly which color I wanted for years prior to painting. 

When I was driving the kids to and from school I typically avoided main roads. (I don't do traffic.). And I enjoy the leisurely drive through neighborhoods. Especially one particular neighborhood. The house caught my eye each and everyday. Now it's a fabulous shaker style home with proper shutters and and carriage garage doors. 

I can't afford that home. 

But I can afford their paint color. ;). 

Silvermist by Sherman Williams. If I could, I would repaint the interior with the exact same color. (Jeff would kill me).  It's a shade darker than silver sage by Benjamin Moore which is currently bedroom and bath color. 

And it's one of those colors that change throughout the day. Sometimes it's grey, sometimes it's blue, and occasionally it's green. Love love love it. It brings me happiness on a daily basis. (I'm easy to please)

So anyhow. We hired some painters. Jeff refused to do it. And I don't blame him. Plus with the added factor that a good portion of the cedar needed replaced, it was time to use some professionals. 

They started in the back much to my dismay. I couldn't wait to get some on the front. And I probably creeped them out as many pictures as I was taking. 

When they finally got around to the front, I panicked. The brick looked so DARK!  I started to rethink my blessed color. 

Do you know how many paint chips I held up next to that brick???  And on the itty bitty little chip, this one looked the best. I hate that brick. 

Finally after they put a little more up, I stated to feel better about my decision. I was so close to changing the entire color. 


And then they painted the garage doors white. Yikes!  It was horrendous. Giant white squares. And since new carriage garage doors weren't in the budget, some lovely carriage hardware to the rescue. Thank you Home Depot.

Next up, reconfiguring the front facade so that I can have a porch. :)  I won't hold my breath that it'll be soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment